2018 Petroff College-Level Piano Competition
The 8th Petroff College Level Piano Competition will be held on March 3rd, 2018, in San Antonio, Texas.
- Each applicant must submit a ten to twelve minute recording, on a standard audio cassette or CD/DVD of his or her performing up to three pieces from the standard repertoire. Applicants should complete the entry form. The applicant should choose a four-digit code and write it on the audio cassette or CD/DVD (without name or other identifying features) and, of course, on the entry form and then sign the entry form, attesting that the performance on the recording was indeed that of the applicant. The entry fee is $20.
- If enough entries are received then the top four or five (depending on the number of entries) will be chosen as finalists. If enough entries are not received the competition will be cancelled and the entry fee returned.
- The finalists will then prepare a twenty-minute program to include Rhapsody No. 10 by Dr. Petroff which is available for purchase at ScoreExchange.com. (Click here to go to the website for the printable score of Rhapsody No. 10.) The piece can be anywhere in the program and it will be judged on interpretation as well as skill in performance.
- The first place winner will receive $1000; second place $750, third place $500. All prizes will be awarded unless it is apparent that there is a very great discrepancy between the recordings submitted and the actual performance in the competition.
- The Foundation reserves the right to record the competition.
The Foundation cannot provide transportation but will endeavor to find weekend lodging for contestants in the homes of volunteers. Please note on your application if you are interested in the Foundation attempts to find a volunteer host family for the weekend.
A printable application form is available now. Entries should arrive at the Rose Petroff Foundation no later than December 1, 2017. The application form includes the address.